Monday, August 8, 2011

34 hours

Michael and I have been together since April 2009. Tomorrow, we'll tell the whole world that we're together by getting married. It's so crazy, I haven't even started getting excited yet. To celebrate (and to keep my stress level low) I've decided to share some of my favorite quotes about love.

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for that part of me that you bring out." -Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"I do love nothing in the world so well as you." -William Shakespeare

"True love begins when nothing is looked for in return." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them." -Thomas Merton

"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." -Zora Neale Hurston

"The best proof of love is trust." -Joyce Brothers

"Love is not consolation. It is light." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"Seduce my mind and you can have my body." -Anonymous

"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous." -Ingrid Mergman

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"We don't always get to choose what we love." -Scott Westerfeld

"Love is friendship set on fire." -Jeremy Taylor

"Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit." -Peter Ustinov

"Attention is the most basic form of love; through it we bless and are blessed." -John Tarrant

"I don't want to live. I want to love first, and live incidentally." -Zelda Fitzgerald

"The way to love someone is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul until you find a crack, and then gently pour your love into that crack." -Keith Miller

"The heart is the only broken instrument that works." -T. E. Kalem

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be...It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." -Erica Jong

"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within." -James Baldwin

And my favorite, right now...

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." -Emily Bronte

P.S. I will try to post at least once from the honeymoon, but it may not happen. There will be a thorough (but, not too thorough) update on our trip when I return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Unless it's mean. Then don't.