Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dear Anonymous (Part 2)

At the suggestion of my mother, who is back from two months in the land down under, I am going to do another post like Dear Anonymous. However, her suggestion was that I write a bunch of positive things to people that I maybe don't have the balls to say to their faces. I think that's a great idea, so I will.
~
I envy you. I envy your luster for life and your courage to live as big as you believe you have to. I wish that I had as much fun as you do and that I wasn't so afraid of trouble or of a mess. Your life may be messy, at times, but the mess is your miracle grow. You are such a beautiful person and I have learned so much about joy from you.

As much as I act like I don't care about each time you ask for my forgiveness for things that I pretend didn't affect me, it means a lot to me. It makes me ridiculously uncomfortable, but it means a lot.

You have taught me how to be a good wife. Thank you.

You are so strong and passionate about everything you do. Your motivation and personal drive, the self respect you exude, is contagious. You changed how I feel about myself and how I feel about my career path.

You gave me a moment to share with him that meant more than you probably know. Maybe you do. But, thank you.

I appreciate that you showed up.

In spite of the frustration of how we became acquainted, I appreciate the opportunity you have given me. You have opened up the future for me and I am so grateful to be given the chance to excel. You put your faith and time into working with me. I cannot wait to learn more from you.

You know more about me than almost everyone else on the planet and you have shown me so much respect when I know I haven't always deserved it. Through everything we've been through, you have always been there for me when I needed someone to be. I am so glad that our friendship survived. You are still one of my best friends.
~
It's so late! I have to go to sleep or my positive comments will start to warp into bittersweet, sentimental ramblings. They may also become less than anonymous, which would be contrary to the title. Good night, internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Unless it's mean. Then don't.