Friday, August 26, 2011

Lucky (or more accurately, blessed)

I'm feeling so good today that I thought I would share it with everyone. If I had to sum of the feelings I'm experiencing I would use words like 'accomplished', 'poised', 'grown up', 'excited', or maybe even 'competent'. But, it's hard to sum up a feeling in a way that allows others to experience it along with you. I would also venture to guess that not everyone has even felt this way.

I had some errands to run and a meeting with my professor about my research project. So, I drove to BSU in my beautiful, still-feels-new car with the radio playing only good songs. I get a spot right by the building. There isn't a line in either the registrar's office (where I change my name on the university's system to Smithee) or in the human resources department (where I fill out my I9 for my paid research position). Then, I grab a caramel frappuccino while the marching band blasts into the library with a parade of cheerleaders! Totally crazy. I slip out of that mad house and drive over to meet with my professor. The meeting goes great and I have actual tasks to do, now. Things I haven't done before and that I will benefit from knowing how to do. I am beyond excited. Then, I get back in my awesome car and drive home where, while I wait for my awesome new husband to get off work, I look at the wedding pictures that I just got in the mail. Later, we'll head over to my new brother-in-law's house for game night with the guys where I'm invited even though I'm a girl.

It's just such a good life. I was even feeling good enough to pick up some extra shifts at my work. I will probably regret that, but they needed the help and I need the money.

I can't imagine anything better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Unless it's mean. Then don't.