Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A post from a former only child...

Since getting married, I have officially gained 5 brothers and sisters, along with their spouses. They are all awesome people and I feel so blessed to have such a huge family welcoming me into their arms. I haven't even talked about my new parents-in-law or any of the extended family, but that would be a much longer post. So, I thought I would quickly introduce you to my wonderful new siblings. I'll go from youngest to oldest.

Katelyn is a passionate, determined, and lively young woman who calls me 'beautiful' or 'gorgeous' as a nickname. She makes me feel welcome wherever I am and drops everything to spend time with me or help me out. She is engaged to a guy named Kevin who is crazy about her and the family. They're getting married in January. Katelyn perseveres and overcomes with optimism and faith. She is an incredible person. I wish that she could see that she is beautiful and talented, too.

Kimball is Michael's baby brother. Mike is very protective of Kimball. I haven't gotten to know him super well because he left on his mission a few weeks after I started hanging out with Michael. He got back in town in May and it turns out that we are pretty similar. He is a really good person with high moral standards. He also knows how to be goofy and have fun. He's engaged to a wonderful girl named Mandi that he has been in love with for 8 years (since high school). They're getting married in October. Kimball deserves all the happiness in the world and I hope that things work out for them.

This is where Michael is in the birth order. Pretty much right in the middle.

Melissa is Michael's older sister. She disappeared for a few years, but has recently come back into contact with the family. From the few times that I have talked to her and from what Michael has told me about her, she is incredibly genuine, beautiful, and hilarious. She is protective of Michael, which is very sweet. I can tell that she's working so hard to create a wonderful life for herself. I can't wait until I get to meet her in person. I also can't wait until we can have our cats play together. I love cats and she has really cute ones. They would be cute together with Cheeto and CC.

Trisha is the next oldest girl and she has visited the area a couple of times. She is married to a guy named Dan who is in the military. They move pretty frequently. She has a son, Dallin, and a new baby girl, Daesi, who is beautiful. Dallin is a blast and he is so super smart. Trisha is very protective of Michael and was pretty skeptical of me at first, but then we played darts and talked all night. Since then, she's loved me like family. I wish that she lived closer so we could spend time together. She makes me laugh, hard.

Christopher is the oldest brother and he and I have really bonded over the last couple years. There have been several times when it's been Chris, Michael, and I hanging out and Michael has fallen asleep. Chris and I have talked until it's light outside, about everything. He graduated from Boise State, so he knows that environment when no one else really does in the family. He also thinks about things in a similar way as I do. He is a really great guy. He'd drop everything to help me. He's been calling me 'sis' for years. Now that it's official, we are very close. He is married to a wonderful and adorable woman named Carolyn. He's got three girls: Kaybree, Kelsie, and Kyla. Also, Carolyn is pregnant! We're all hoping for a boy.

I am just so lucky to have such a beautiful group of people around me. I love all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Unless it's mean. Then don't.